Note – The first 6 episodes were produced under the name Your Business Decision. Beginning Oct. 1, 2017 the podcast was re-branded to Financially Empowered with Ralph Russell.
Episode 006 features nationally known credit expert Jeanne Kelly, (www.jeannekellynet). Jeanne has appeared on The Today Show, she has been a contributor on the subject of credit to The Huffington Post and credit.com and is the author of 2 books on credit, The 90 day Credit Challenge and The Credit Makeover.
Here are a few credit tips on the episode;
1) Order your credit report twice per year to check for any inaccuracies and follow up immediately if you see an error.
2) Items which affect your credit score include accounts which fall into collection, recent late payments, and current balances in relation to the card limit on the account.
3) In the case of a couple or business partners applying for credit, where one partner has a much stronger credit profile, it may make sense for the stronger credit partner to apply and list the other as an authorized user on the card.
4) Review your credit at least 90 days before a mortgage application. This will give you time to challenge any errors before the actual application.
5) Multiple lenders searches within 30 days of your mortgage or auto loan will fall under the category of rate shopping, and not multiple inquiries.
6) ID Theft is a growing concern. Please check out www.jeannekelly.net for more info on how to best protect yourself against ID theft.
Did you like this episode?
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed it, please feel free to share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I’d also be VERY grateful if you could rate, review, and subscribe to Financially Empowered with Ralph Russell on iTunes.
Or, if you use Stitcher, Google Play or Tunein, you can leave a review right here.
That all helps a lot in ranking this show and would be greatly appreciated. And if you have any comments or questions, leave a comment below!
You can also tweet me @ralphspodcast. Specifically I’d like to hear what you would like to see more of – topics, guests, frequency and length of each episode.